Welcome to AAF Columbus, the local chapter of the American Advertising Federation (AAF). AAF is a national organization that brings together advertising and communications professionals for networking, education and fun!
Why AAF Columbus?
- AAF Columbus is part of the AAF District 5, comprising Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia, bringing strength and leadership to the chapter. Visit AAF District 5 for more information at http://aafdistrict5.org.
- The chapter’s monthly meetings feature top speakers, offered on an array of subjects ranging from traditional advertising to interactive and digital communications.
- AAF Columbus members also enjoy special events such as the Holiday Social, and the Annual Meeting/Silver Medal Award Luncheon.
- Members enjoy discounts to AAF Columbus events, including the ADDY Awards, the Annual Meeting/Silver Medal Award Luncheon, and monthly events.
- Find out about the latest job opportunities.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the American Advertising Federation (AAF) is the glue that holds together more than 200 local clubs across the country representing over 40,000 advertising professionals, and more than 200 college chapters representing over 6,500 student members. Add to that nearly 100 blue-chip corporate members and you begin to see the power of our national affiliation, which connects us all within one amazing, nationally coordinated grassroots network. www.aaf.org.
YOUR 2017-18 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Director, Spectrum Reach Preferred
Greg Cunneyworth (Chair)
Co-Founder, Creative Director
Copywriter and Creative Director
Collins Branding and Creative
Resource/Ammirati an IBM Company
Kristi Chapman (Chair)
Senior Recruiting Specialist
Warhol & WALL ST.
614.383.8434 ext. 705
Chrystie Reep (Chair)
National Sales Manager
Dispatch Media Group
Marketing Communications Manager
Volunteers of America of Greater Ohio
Mark Weiss (Chair)
Manager, Donor Development & Marketing
German Village Society
Jackie Robles (Co-Chair JW)
Ruth Payne (Co-Chair CFE)
Whitespace, Abbott Nutrition
Chief Creative Officer
GSW, an inVentiv Company
Liz Dickey (Chair)
Blue & Co., LLC
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
“At AAF Columbus, we are proud to be the leading organization for central Ohio that provides leadership, knowledge, and networking for creative and digital professionals. Whether you’re in design, technology, media, or promotions, we make sure all of our members stay at the top of their industry by keeping them up-to-date with the new advancements. On behalf of our board and our members, we look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event!”
-Tobias Roediger (President, 2016-2017)
NEWS & PRESS
March 4, 2015 | Now It’s Dark
Addy Awards dazzle wildly with Columbus ‘MadMen’
February 26, 2015 | Columbus Business First
Ologie and Resource win the night at Columbus ADDYs
February 27, 2014 | Columbus Business First
Ologie, CCAD student big winners of Columbus ADDYs
We all need inspiration to spur creativity and ideas, but where does inspiration come from? How do we continue to be inspired every day? AAF Columbus believes that inspiration comes from everywhere, especially from interacting with other creative people. AAF Columbus brings in top creative talent and industry leaders every year to educate and inspire our members.
We are dedicated to maintaining high standards in our profession and encouraging future generations to prosper. Inspiration is key in this business, and seasoned professionals know inspiration can come from the enthusiasm of those just starting in the industry.
AAF Columbus is a whole lot more than meetings and deals. It’s about connecting people, hearing their stories, and making connections and friendships that last a lifetime. Membership enables you to interact with a wide variety of advertising, marketing, interactive, and public relations experts as well as suppliers to the industry.
We offer discounts on our events, including submissions to the ADDY Awards – one of the largest awards shows in the country.
We offer members a wide range of benefits from nationally sponsored webinars and access to one of the most comprehensive job banks to cost-effective insurance opportunities to great deals on shipping, subscriptions, credit cards, rental cars and more. These outstanding opportunities are available only through AAF Columbus membership.
We share our time and talents with good people and good causes. Improving the quality of communication for profit, fun and for the good of our community is one of our main objectives.
Hard work deserves recognition. That’s why each year AAF Columbus hosts:
- The Columbus American Advertising Awards (the ADDYs) – This annual competition and awards show is first step in an exciting three-tiered national competition for creative excellence featuring more than 100 categories. The ADDYs honors the best and brightest work in central Ohio. Winners in the local competition can, and often do, go on to win District and even National ADDYs.
- At our Annual Meeting/Silver Medal Award Luncheon, we recognize an individual who has made contributions to their company, to the advertising industry and to the community – providing leadership, creating visionary work and inspiring others – with our most prestigious award, the Silver Medal.
- We offer numerous luncheons and evening events, giving members the opportunity to learn from the best in the field.
So, if you’re looking for a place to network with the brightest and best in the business, learn more about the tricks of the trade or simply have fun, AAF Columbus is for you. If you are a dedicated advertising, marketing or public relations professional, we invite you to join us!