Fahlgren Mortine, a nationally recognized independent marketing and communications agency, is looking to add a public relations account executive to our growing team in the company’s Columbus or Dayton office. Columbus is the preferred location.
• Support the day-to-day responsibilities of integrated accounts, with emphasis on public relations expertise
• Develop a thorough understanding of the entire marketing and communications landscape to create and implement integrated programs
• Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge of clients’ businesses and their competitive environments
• Support media relations campaigns via development of strategic media lists and editorial calendars, as well as creative story angle development
• Develop editorial media contacts and relationships with key media
• Prepare a full range of written materials including press releases, bylined articles, client correspondence and reports
• Contribute to the development, execution and measurement of social media campaigns
• Contribute to the development and execution of account plans
• Write background materials, assists in development of client presentations, helps implement account programs and may maintain regular contact with client(s)
• May lead smaller or pro bono accounts
• Assist in developing and executing events, including managing logistics
• Contribute to new business initiatives, as appropriate
• Participate in agency marketing initiatives
• 1-3 years of public relations experience, preferably in a marketing and communications agency setting
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong writing skills
• Excellent research skills
• Solid media relations and social media experience
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask and balance priorities
• High level of initiative
• Experience working as part of a team is preferred
• BA/BS in public relations, communications, journalism or related fields
• Ability to travel – Up to 5% travel may be required
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position here.
Please, no phone calls. Relocation will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.