(posted 5/9/2017) Fahlgren Mortine is looking for a career-minded Corporate Communications Associate to join our award-winning team in Columbus.
The Corporate Communications Associate supports agency marketing and communications efforts to elevate the awareness and perception of the Fahlgren Mortine brand, as well as assist with new business development efforts for the agency. In addition, this individual is responsible for supporting our internal communications by drafting and coordinating announcements, company events and other agency-specific initiatives. The selected individual will play a creative and important role in enhancing the Fahlgren Mortine experience for our associates, prospects and clients.
- Writes and updates associate biographies and client case studies for proposals, as well as any other support that may include concise and clear writing, and thorough proofing, assembly and delivery
- Manages RFP (request for proposal) process by working with practice area leaders, making assignments, enhancing content and creatively elevating business development pursuits
- Drafts news releases, award entries, media pitches and agency backgrounders to aid in securing earned media coverage for the agency and its leaders
- Monitors proactive and reactive media relations and social media opportunities for the agency
- Works with agency leaders to develop and manage the marketing and editorial calendars for the year
- Supports agency meetings and marketing events, including meeting content, set-up, tear-down and planning
- Manages agency client and prospect databases
- Archives agency information, awards and milestones
- Maintains agency’s subscriptions/memberships to new business directories
- Tracks/reports the department’s progress to management
- Proactively monitors competitive trends, websites and marketing outreach in trade publications
- Implements internal communications tactics that may include quarterly agency meeting preparations and other regular associate gatherings
- 0-3 years of professional/internship experience
- Experience managing/drafting content for brands’ social channels is desired
- Experience/familiarity with WordPress
- Excellent writing ability (AP style is preferred)
- Outstanding proofreading skills
- Strong research abilities
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience in database management, reporting, tracking and archiving
- Text and photo layout experience using various programs within Microsoft Office, specifically experience developing PowerPoint presentations
- Graphic design experience (including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) is preferred, but not required
- Excellent time management skills and proficient management of deadlines and schedules
- Must be a team player and able to collaborate with individuals from a wide variety of professional disciplines
- BA/BS in related fields
- 0-10% travel required
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position here: https://careers-
Please, no phone calls. Relocation will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.