(posted 2/22/2017) Volunteers of America of Greater Ohio seeks an energetic, self-motivated, dynamic professional to join its development team. The Marketing & Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for the creation, coordination and execution of effective marketing communications strategies and projects to support overall goals and objectives of the organization. As a member of the Development team, works in conjunction with other team members for email marketing, social media, donor communications, web content development and reports on the effectiveness of these tools as part of overall campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates content, including writing, editing and designing graphics, for digital platforms, including social media, web and e-communications, and print material and publications such as newsletters, fact sheets, client stories, blog posts and articles.
- Ensures content is on brand and on message across all channels.
- Coordinates print production and fulfillment of marketing communications materials and organization printed material.
- Schedules and tracks social media platforms and creates monitoring reports.
- Works with program staff to support event and collateral needs and ensures all public facing material adheres to brand guidelines.
- Supports research, design and execution of fundraising and community engagement campaigns and events. Provides on-site support.
- Supports marketing, communications and branding needs of retail and auto activities.
- Provides in-house graphic design as needed for promotional material, invitations, flyers, novelty items, signage and various other items.
- Assists Marketing and Communications Manager with public relations and marketing strategies and planning. Provides editing and proofing support.
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express ideas and interact with people in various levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of social media marketing, email marketing, web site management and other digital marketing tactics.
- Graphic design with photography skills a plus.
- Must be computer literate and possess experience with web content management and web-based software applications and social media platforms. Demonstrated skill in creating content/graphics with Adobe Creative Suite.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related field with 2-3 years of related experience.
Apply online at www.voago.org/work-for-us.