(posted 4/18/2017) The Senior Media Connections Planner/Buyer is responsible for developing plans identifying strategic connections for key clients and their audience(s) using insights from a variety of research sources. This individual is responsible for developing cross-channel media strategies and must understand how that intersects with owned, earned and shared media. This candidate must have broadcast planning and buying experience. The ideal candidate is a well-organized, detail-oriented person with the ability to multi-task, and manage deadlines, budgets and timelines.
- Partners with engagement and creative teams to develop strategic recommendations for connecting a brand to their audience(s)
- Pursues innovative solutions for solving client needs
- Provides thought leadership and education to both clients and internal audiences
- Possesses a deep knowledge of both traditional and digital advertising
- Utilizes research tools to provide consumer and competitive insight and recommendations
- Ensures fiscal accuracy of all media buys
- Accurately produces, optimizes and maintains multi-channel programs
- Provides key insights based on campaign data
- Identifies anomalies, meaningful data events and trends for further analysis
- Demonstrates ability to reliably support multiple clients
- 5+ years of relevant media planning and buying experience, including audience understanding and research
- Strong multi-channel understanding and experience are critical
- Demonstrated drive and passion for uncovering and identifying connection points – no matter the medium
- Uses a creative approach to solving marketing challenges
- Proven presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and assume responsibility, consistently meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Experience with negotiating and buying traditional and emerging media
- Desire to understand and provide insights from campaign data
- Must be a team player
- Ability to manage others and will have the skills required for effective communication and delegation of tasks
- Strong skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Nielsen, MRI, Scarborough, and Kantar
- BS/BA Business Management, Marketing, Media Studies Communications, or related fields
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position.
Please, no phone calls. Relocation will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.